Pintrest and Coupons.com

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Baby Food Puree's Butternut squash and carrot

Who Loves them some baby food??!!
 
 
Well this is the first time I have made Butternut Squash and I pretty much do it like I do carrots~
Here We GO!!
 
First you start with the whole squash, I never realized how much it was like the pumpkin until now! I cut it into smaller pieces (easier to handle) then I peeled it. Be careful it's slippery! Then you fill a pot with about 4 cups of water just to be sure you have plenty of steam!
 
 

Steam for about 15-20 minutes or until you can stick a fork in them and it slips right out no problem.
 
                                                                 Let them cool for a couple minutes then place them into your food processor or bullet, whatever works for you! Make sure to add plenty of water or breast milk to help get it going.
I like the ice tray method, it's easy and inexpensive, each section is about an ounce. I also cover with plastic wrap before I put into the freezer. Of course let it stay in there until its done freezing....
Mark the baggie with what's in the bag and the date you made it and it will last in the freezer for 3-6 months but it is recommended that you use them within a month or two. No problem here!
 
Happy Pureeing! 


No comments:

Post a Comment