Pintrest and Coupons.com

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, October 22, 2012

What's new for Ej's lunch today?

Yum! Mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli. Oh yeah! Hopefully he likes it.
OK this is what I did, it's the first time I tried this. Usually I do the normal mashed potato recipe (milk, butter, salt, pepper) but this time I wanted to try something new. I bought some of these new pre-measured Knorr broths but I'm sure any kind of broth will work. So after boiling my potatoes in lightly salted water, I strained them and poured about 1/2 cup of 2% milk, 1 tbsp of butter and a container of the broth and let blend (stir it often because the broth will stick to the pan) then I place the potatoes back in the pan and mashed!!! I often like to slather my mashies with salt and gravy but with these, YOU DON'T NEED ANYTHING BUT A SPOON!! Just ask EJ! 

HE LIKED IT!!!
Oh and the Broccoli is ok we guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment