Pintrest and Coupons.com

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Making Brownies....

SO I have heard, just like many of you have, that you can replace applesauce with vegetable oil when you bake certain things. I decided that I wanted brownies tonight and I thought this would be the best time to try it out cause if it turns out bad I have a cinnamon, raisin bread that the neighbor lady gave me!!
Since I make my own baby food I have plenty of frozen applesauce, easy peasy right! Well if you don't have a supply handy but you have apples sitting around just peel slice and throw them in whatever contraption you have to sauce them. An important point according to this website is that you can't get rid of oil all together because oil helps to prevent the over stimulation of the gluten in the flour. It says that you have to add 1 tbsp per every 1/2 cup of applesauce that the recipe calls for. I did that and I haven't tasted it yet but this is what it looks like!

Not too shabby right! I will let you all know what they taste like. I would do it now but I don't want to ruin dinner!! HEHE!

Update!! THEY WERE GOOD!! A little chewier then usual but they tasted great!

No comments:

Post a Comment