Pintrest and Coupons.com

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Chile con queso recipe!!! So good!

OK so I have been asked for this recipe for years and I didn't have one to give. I never really took measurements when I made it. But today I decided to write it down as I went, if you like nachos you will love Chile con queso!!!!

Here is what you will need:
At least a 2 Qt sauce pan
12 oz of Velveeta
1 cup of milk (I use 2%)
2 Small tomatoes or 1 large
1/2 medium white onion
Garlic Salt
Salt
3 cans of Cream of Mushroom soup ( I use Campbell's but I'm sure any will do)

A couple important points before you start:
Make sure you have everything cut before you start the milk. (meaning cheese, tomatoes, and onions)
Stir the mixture constantly!! I really mean constantly because the cheese can burn and there's no coming back from that! It will change the taste completely.




 

First you will start off with at least a 2 quart sauce pan with milk on low to medium heat










Then add the cheese, let the cheese melt a little and continue to stir.








Now you will add one can of the Cream of Mushroom soup and stir it until it's blended well, after it's blended you can add the chopped tomatoes and onions. I cut the onions really small because I like the flavor that it gives the Queso but I don't normally like onions....doesn't make sense, I know!



After you have these ingredients in the pot you can get the green chile that you have ( I am from New Mexico so I only use Hatch green chile) but whatever you can find at the store is fine. After you put the chile in  add the other two cans of Cream of Muchroom.

You are almost done! Now it is time for the seasoning. I measured it out as best as I could and we came up with a teaspoon of Garlic Salt and a teaspoon of regular Salt. Of course you can season to taste.

Leave it all on lo to med heat and continue to stir you want it on the heat long enough for all the flavors to blend.

An additional note is that the measurement of the ingredients are only to my taste, if you want it a little chunkier or if you really like onions add more tomatoes and onions!! Same with the salt and garlic salt. If you like it thinner add more milk and to thicken it up throw another can of Cream of Mushroom in it. This is just an outline of how I make my Queso.  After you have stirred it in the pot for a while grab a chip and taste it.....Yum, right!

I need to emphasize the importance of stirring it constantly or it will burn and taste nasty!!! And........


Finger lickin good!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment